- Pre-course: April 6 - 7, 2019
- Conference: April 8 - 10, 2019
- Abstract submission: Open for poster only
- Registration: Open
- Notification of abstract acceptance or refusal: Short after
- Early bird deadline: January 25, 2019
Abstract submission is still open for poster presentation. Based on an initial fast track review, we will provide you an initial Letter of Acceptance soon after your submission. Your submission will be presented as Poster.
General information - Applies to both oral and poster presentations
Abstracts must be submitted in English and limited to 350 words.
The presenting author's contact details are to be used when submitting the abstract to avoid miscommunication relating to the abstract submission and review process.
The conference language is English and all abstracts have to be submitted in English. Multiple abstract submissions are permitted. Please ensure the abstract is proof read carefully before submitting, as changes or additions will not be accepted after the call for abstracts closes. Remember to include a valid email address for confirmation of receipt of the abstract submission and ongoing communication. Abstracts will not be edited for content. Please check for typographical errors.
Abstract guidelines and instructions
The abstract should be structured as follows:
- Select one title (max. 200 characters)
- Select up to two submission topics
- Provide up to 2 references
- It is possible to upload pictures (up 1000 x 1000 pixel) and chart
- If you are a student you can decide whether want to be a part of the student contest”
Abstracts must contain original data and meet international ethical standards. Abbreviations should be defined.
The author(s) of the abstracts who are selected for oral/poster presentations accept(s) that the abstract(s) will be published in the electronic version (PDF) of the abstract book of the Engineering with Membranes.
Your abstract must be inline with minimum one topic listed below. You can select up to two submission topics.
- New membranes and manufacturing methods
- Advanced membrane modules
- Membrane fouling and cleaning
- Emerging membrane processes (MD, PV, MC)
- Recycling and LCA of membranes and modules
- Process integration and hybrid processes
- By-product recovery and valorization
- Pulp and paper industry
- Agrofood industry including dairy
- Petroleum and gas industry
- Biotech and pharmaceutical industry
- Water and wastewater treatment including
process water recovery
Presentation for oral/poster presentations
All oral presenations must be presented in Powerpoint format (ppt) preferably in 16:9 format to optimize the full potential of the screen in the meeting room. Please bring your presenation on a USB stick and go to the conference desk.
Poster Presentations: Available space on the poster board, for each poster, will be 92 cm in width (horizontally) and 138cm in height (vertically). EWM will supply poster board and tape for mounting. The presenters are responsible for bringing the correct size of posters, mount the posters and dismantle the posters. Poster mounting and dismantle time will be updated 2 months before the conference starts.
All EWM 2019 abstract authors will now have the opportunity to submit full paper of your conference contribution(s) to a special issue of Membranes.
Please find more information about the special issue and submit the full paper: HERE